Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Back From Vice City

Apologies for the lack of new blog posts. I've been away at a conference in New Orleans, and as a result, my running and blog posting have suffered.


By day, I drank coffee and was stuck in a suit for 12 hours at a time. By night, I was a hell cat, and considering our locale, this took its toll. New Orleans is basically one loud tranny bar filled with cigarette smoke. I didn't mind the fact that there are video poker machines at gas stations, but I did object to the fact that from Thursday to Tuesday, I had one long mild headache. This was the result of copious amounts of coffee and alcohol with little water in between and little sleep to boot. No one to blame but myself.

Running-wise, I guess I finished "Week 1" around what I wanted with a mid-40's performance. This week will be far worse than expected, though, as I haven't run since Saturday.

Thanks to Steve for posting the Sub-15 blog. I'm not sure when that little experiment will start, though I'm sure it will be very painful and fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment