Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Word on the Second Coming

This is mostly a housekeeping post. I thought it would be useful to get some logistical things out of the way as we prepare for the (re)launch of Marathon à Trois.

First of all, it should be clear to everyone that the format has changed dramatically. You'll now be able to access links under the banner (e.g. "About", "Log", etc.), which is something you couldn't do before. I think there is a way to create a subpage within Blogger without creating a post, but I haven't figured out how to do it (hence the posts entitled "About" and "Log"). If one of you guys stumbles upon the solution, let me know. Hopefully you all agree that the color scheme is a lot cheerier. All in all, I think we're in a better place with the new layout.

Second, I wanted to tell you how the running log feature will work. I created a form using Googledocs, so now instead of posting a weekly recap, you can just go to the log and fill out your mileage. You can even do this a couple of times per week if you want. Just make sure you don't double up on reporting different days. Everything you input goes to a big spreadsheet, which I can share with you if you want. From that spreadsheet, it will be super easy to create graphs and shit. Cheeah. Welcome to 2011.

Third, Steve proposed an idea on the run today, which I thought was excellent. I'm thinking we'll devote a link to it so that we can track its evolution from now until summer. I'll let Steve describe it in his own post, though.

Finally, I just wanted to extend a warm welcome to le trois neveux: Oliver, Steve, and Will. Make us proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment