Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Reach the Beach

Today is the first day that Reach the Beach Relay is accepting registrations. I know that Gordon will likely be on his honeymoon in September of 2011, but for the rest of us slobs with nothing better to do, I think it would be a great time. Best case scenario is that Jeff's 50-year-old knees hold up after a year of pounding pavement, Oliver's beer belly is down three inches, and Will has stopped dicking around in the Midwest. Add Ross and myself to that mix, and we're almost halfway there.

The details:

September 16-17.
We need 12 people.
The team can be co-ed.
There are 36 legs spanning about 200 miles, meaning each person averages 16.6 miles.
This will cost $1,160 ($97/person) plus van rental.
We could hang out in Boston the day before.

Other potential team members include but are not limited to: James, James, Sam, Ian, Mark, Steve, Mongeon (basically the complete list of my friends plus a few of Ross's friends that I know.) I don't know if it would be easier to go with 6 guys and rangle up 6 willing girls to go with us.

6 comments:

  1. I dismiss the indication that we require 12 people. I will run a half marathon in January and a marathon in May. Through my unending determination and the utmost confidence in my 50 yr old knees, we can run an ultra marathon come September.

    “Yeah, uh huh you know what it is
    Everything I do, I do it big”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually there is an ultra team race of six people each, but I thought that sounded sort of awful. Good news is that it's way less money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had an ultra 6 person team that ran the "Green Mountain Relay". I think the 6 person team works much better than the 12. There is to much time between runs for the 12 person team.

    http://dirty-half-dozen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mistakenly left Will off the list. I wouldn't usually bother with the erratum, but I did say it was my complete list of friends, and I know he reads the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I resent the fact that you didn't make a list of female friends. Because I will be in some weird interim phase between school and promised employment, I am both available and interested. All you have to do is ask.

    ReplyDelete