Saturday, December 18, 2010

Week 5 Recap

Sam: Su (15), M (6), T (0), W (4), R (6), F (7), Sa (14). Weekly total of 52 miles but with sandwiched long runs. No workouts this week, but I did some pickups during today's long run. Heading to Delaware tomorrow, so I'm excited for some trail running. I've planned out my long run schedule from here until May, since I guess that has to be part of the conversation for an aerobic pussy like myself. Climbing to 20 miles with pace-work in the middle sounds pretty daunting.

RO$$: S5, M7, T0, W0, R0, F5, S7. I should be able to pick things up a little but from here. On another matter. Did you guys get an email about possibly not getting an elite slot? I didn't have any hard evidence that I could break 2:57 (which I'm still assuming is the general goal time, not 2:19) by way of past times, so a woman emailed me just to give a heads up. If we don't get elite status, I don't think it will be a big deal, since there will be a sub-8:00 per mile group, which should be right near the front. When I ran 3:00 at Pittsburgh, I was 81st overall, so there can't be that many people registering who have actually run 2:57 or faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment