Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week 12 Recap

$am: S(9), M(6), T(8), W(45 minutes swimming laps), R(10), F(6), S(6). 45 miles total. A rest week for me, but I have started incorporating about 3 minutes of random non-running exercise per day. Scissor kick lunges for 60 seconds straight on Monday took a big toll on my butt muscles. Tomorrow, don't forget the biggest sporting event of the winter. No, it's not the Super Bowl; it's the Super Couch Potato 5k at Onondaga Lake Park. Stay tuned for results.

RO$$: S(5), M(8), T(8), W(0), R(10), F(5), S(10). 46 miles total. It's a somber day here at MaT World Headquarters, despite the fact that I pulled off a miraculous upset and ran more miles than Sam this week. Evgeni Malkin just blew out his knee, effectively eliminating the possibility of the Penguins winning the Stanley Cup. Tomorrow, the Steelers are going to lose the Super Bowl. After the Steelers won the AFC Championship game two weeks ago, I marvelled at my good fortune as a sports fan, and wondered when this incredible five-year ride would end. Now we have our answer. I know I'm being melodramatic, but I'm going to remember this awful weekend for the rest of my life.

Gordon: S(7), M(7), T(8), W(8), R(0), F(0), S(5) 35 miles total. Looks like Ross swept the field here. Traveling to State College Thursday night, and back to NYC on Friday night really took it out of me. I set out on a 10 mile run on Saturday but was too tired/lazy and packed it in for a 5 miler. No more traveling this week - more running.

1 comment:

  1. Tuesday was 8, not 6 as I originally posted. This makes Ross's mileage victory that much more dramatic.

    ReplyDelete