Saturday, February 12, 2011

Week 13 Recap

RO$$: S(8), M(8), T(0), W(8), R(0), F(9), S(8). 41 miles total. Pretty good for a week where I didn't have any real goals, just wanted to grind out five runs. I've started to pick it up at various points if I feel good during runs, which shows some progress, but if I go uphill or have to stop at all (because of traffic or something), I lose all momentum, so I've got a ways to go. This week the Pens don't have any home games, so I'm hoping that maybe I'll be able to get to 50. If I were feeling truly ambitious, I'd say I'm going to run all seven days, but I can't guarantee anything that crazy.

GORDON: S(10) M(5) T(8) W(5) R(5) F(5) S(12). 50 miles total. I had had bigger plans for mileage this week, but I was overcome with exhaustion. In the past two weeks prior to this week I have had to cut out my biking to and from work owing to the snow. I started it up again this week, and I think it completely wore me out. This week and next week are both easy weeks for me in terms of work load. I'm also incredibly pumped up now that I've been admitted to Penn State's doctoral program.

Sam: What a weekend. Some of you might have read that we lost a 12 foot chunk of gutter (plus fascia board + part of the soffit + a big ass 2x4) off the side of our house as a result of ice dams. The claim that I was going to rent a boom lift to fix it was not fiction. I will post a video of the repair process when I catch up on all the things I put to the side during the project--running included. A great start to my first 70 mile MaT week was alas wasted, as was Sunday of this week. At least it was good cross-training. Also, congratulations to Gordon! S(9, slick 5k race in 16:42), M(6), T(8), W(18 with 4 mile pickup), R(0), F(3), S(0). 44 miles total.

2 comments: