Saturday, March 19, 2011

Week 18 Recap

Sam: Good rebound week. S(14, race), M(9), T(off), W(6), T(10), F(8, back on the trails!), S(10, Mountain Goat training run closing the last few miles around 6 minute pace). Total=57. It took me until Thursday or so before I was clear of the residual half-marathon fatigue. Today's run, I felt great. It's nice to have the feeling that I've got my legs back under me. The Hal Higdon plan calls for pace work the day before a long run. Tomorrow I'm going for another 20 miler, so we'll see if I pay for it.

RO$$: S(14), M(8), T(7), W(7), R(9), F(8), S(9). 62 miles total. This ended up being my highest week yet, but it didn't feel like anything special. The fact that it's light out now and a little warmer has made a world of difference. I will say that I still don't feel fully recovered from the race, which surprises me since I didn't feel all that taxed afterward, but from Wednesday of last week through Monday of this week things were pretty hectic, so I'm probably just wiped out in general. Those two seven mile runs were sheer hell. On Tuesday the plantar fascia of my left foot hurt so bad that I thought it might legitimately set back my training, but on Wednesday I started wearing my Superfeet shoe inserts again and now my foot feels normal. I'm sure my legs would feel better if I took a day off, but I'll rest when I'm dead.

Gordon
: S(14), M(5), T(5), W(8), R(5), F(5), S(11) 50 miles total. Looks like I'm the turd in the punch bowl, here, but I was tired this week. I am aiming for a 70 week here and I'm going to try and cap it off with a 20 miler on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Well said, Ro$$. In hindsight, I could have used a day off on Monday since that run wasn't exactly easy breezy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update (from Natalie's computer): 20 miler went fine. I ran to Steve's house, which is 3 miles away, then we ran out passed the Green Lakes bridge on the canal path and back. Ran 2:17 for an average pace of 6:51. Most miles were around 6:40-45, and I eased up for the last three. Quads sore but other than that, I felt fine. Ate a "Razz" gel at the halfway mark and water at Steve's house (miles 3 and 17). The gel was gross, but my stomach was fine with everything.

    ReplyDelete