Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Minor Celebration

I am pleased to announce that this morning, we eclipsed 1,000 page views for the fifth month in a row. While it continues to snow in Syracuse, it's nice to know that my heart can still be warmed by the affection from our fifteen followers.

In running news, the marathon is getting ridiculously close--three weeks and three days to be exact. Yesterday I did 25 minutes of hill repeats (jog included, of course--I'm not that motivated) as prep for the Mountain Goat, which is, naturally, my prep for Pittsburgh. I'm really not sure what to expect after taking some down time for my hamstring, but for the most part, my plans remain the same. Since we've got less than a month to go and I've got ten minutes to kill, here's a rough draft of my plans until Race Day:

T-4 weeks: R(10), F(8), S(12 hard)
T-3 weeks: S(20), M(off), T(10, Yasso 800's), W(6), R(10 w/ hard strides), F(6), S(6)
T-2 weeks: S(14, Mountain Goat), M(off), T(8), W(10, 400's), R(8), F(10, 6@tempo), S(10)
T-1 week: S(10 w/ hard strides), M(off), T(8, 200's), W(5), R(5), F(off), S(5)
May 15: Race

I have never messed around with any glycogen depletion/boosting stuff, but if someone has had positive results with this, please feel free to comment.

2 comments:

  1. The hamstring injury champ says skip the hard strides - no point when the race pace goal is 6min pace...and you are iffy on a hamstring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess my definition of hard has changed somewhat. I guess you're right in that I probably don't need to be running anything faster than 5 minute pace for the next month.

    ReplyDelete