Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week 22 Recap

Sam: Four weeks to go. Last week went a lil' somethin' like this: S(17), M(0), T(6), W(5), R(4), F(5), S(9). 46 miles total. Not a whole lot of running going on this week thanks to the fact that I was trying to keep the hamstring tendonitis at bay. It's feeling pretty good; I just don't want any major flare-ups from here to the marathon. Saturday was a 5-mile "race" at Long Branch Park, where they held the Heart Walk. Most people go for the Walk, which is around 11 am, but they also have a run at 8 am for a far fewer number of people. There were three and five mile options, so I finished with a lot of three mile people in 27:11, making it a fairly unheralded victory. Today is long with some pace work mixed in.

RO$$: S(8), M(10), T(0), W(0), R(12), F(0), S(16). Like Sam, 46 miles total. This week ended up being a little short because of two Penguins home games (a win and a loss, for those concerned about the host city's state of mind), and the fact that it was raining pretty hard on Tuesday. Yesterday I went out to a trail with the objective of doing a twenty miler, but right around mile 12, it started raining hard enough that the run became truly miserable, so I cut it short. If there's one thing I'm not willing to do in the name of running a slighty faster marathon, it's making myself suffer through a downpour. No home Pens games this week, so I'm hoping that this will be a big week. Rain could mess that up, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment