Saturday, April 2, 2011

Week 20 Recap

Sam: S(22), M(6), T(6), W(12, 1000's), R(7), F(6), S(10). Total=69. Not a bad week coming off 71. The long run felt easy, and my Wednesday workout went well. Finally, we've reached the 6-week mark for the marathon. Tomorrow, I'm taking the day off for the Phillies game. It's good timing since I haven't had a day off in a while. After that, the focus will be on two hard workouts Tuesday and Thursday, with Tuesday being pace work and Thursday probably being more mile stuff.

RO$$: S(5), M(9), T(0), W(11), R(9), F(9), S(5). 48 miles total. While the total was low, it was a better week than that indicates, because Friday's run was the first run where I would say that I felt "good" since the half-marathon. So I went decently fast through some stretches of that run, and then went for a pretty strenuous bike ride later that night. I'm not sure how long it was, but it was probably something in the neighborhood of 15-20 miles. So I was wiped out Saturday. I knew that if I went 7, I would hit 50 for the week, but I decided it was better to quit while I was ahead rather than shoot for some arbitrary barrier I've exceeded hundreds of times. It paid off, because my run today went well.

Reading Sam's log makes me think that he's going to beat me and Gordon by half an hour, and deservedly so. However, coming up on Saturday for me: An actual race. It's a 10k on a super hilly course. I usually run it with my dad but he's hurt, so I'm on my own. In other words, look out, Mt. Lebanon.

1 comment:

  1. Today, in addition to not running, Jeff and I each put back several beers, pizza, and a huge thing of crab fries with cheese dipping sauce (pictured near the bottom of this lame Phillies' blog: http://bayleafandbeijinhos.blogspot.com/).

    I feel like I lost about a week of marathon training as a result, but it was probably worth it.

    BTW, speaking to Gordon tonight on the phone, I gave him a stern talking to about checking in for the obligatory weekly recaps. I told him that you and I would face the other way as Molly walks down the aisle if he didn't shape up.

    ReplyDelete