Monday, May 16, 2011

The Day After


[Pre-race dinner at L'Osteria, right before I pounded my two desserts.]


I've had 24 hours to reflect on yesterday's race. Generally, I feel content with my own results, but not super thrilled. I think Ross was happy with his time, and deservedly so, being that it was right where he wanted to be. Gordon obviously had issues that were beyond his control and led to a pretty painful run. He never felt good after mile 6, when he got his first cramp. In my book, he gets a lot of credit just for finishing.

Before I go on, I want to extend special thanks to the Gehrkes to whom all photo credit for the next post is given. They made the early morning drive down to cheer us on at mile 6 and again at the finish line. Pretty awesome.

I also want to thank Natalie for getting up at 5 to make us oatmeal and coffee and Carrie for putting up with us dudes in her house all weekend. Both wives also took video footage during the race.

Today I'm home, more sore than yesterday but way less stiff. I'm going to post my splits and my thoughts on the marathon in a bit and then get to work editing the Parkinsonian video.

No comments:

Post a Comment