Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mountain Goat

The results are in, and in retrospect, it seems as though I was being a bit dramatic about how badly things went last week. Chalk it up to jitters perhaps.


In today's Goat, I took 10th with a time of 56:46. I'll post splits later, but my watch is out in the car and I don't feel like getting up. Overall, I'm very pleased with the result. The hamstring warmed up nicely and never felt too strained, even during the worst of the hills. My goal was to run around half marathon pace, which I set arbitrarily at 5:45. I was a little faster than that (average just over 5:40), but at the same time, I ran it harder than I planned. The good news is, while I couldn't have run much faster, I paradoxically felt absolutely fine at the end. I'm calling this a sign of being ready for the marathon.

In life news, Natalie (who took 9th among women) and I replaced my iPhone after the race for a mere $50. Thanks to my sister Katie for letting me take her contract expiration spot on the family plan. I had lost it on Friday while marking trail, and I expected the price to be much worse. Overall, a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Splits:

    5:27 (flat)
    5:53 (uphill)
    5:52 (uphill)
    5:21 (downhill)
    5:25 (flat)
    5:44 (flat)
    6:07 (uphill)
    6:01 (uphill)
    5:22 (downhill)
    5:30 (flat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, man! That's a great time. Enjoy the marathon, Sam. I'll see you at the finish line.

    ReplyDelete