Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Half

A few months back, the three of us decided to run the Pittsburgh Marathon. I knew at the outset that I'd be in better shape, figuratively speaking, if I could get a half-marathon under my belt before the big day. I made this promise to myself and to you, loyal readers.

But then the half in Phoenix--originally appealing since I would be out there for a conference the week after--fell through, and things weren't looking good. It appeared that, given the half-marathon shortage in March (likely the result of these tough economic times), I would be going half-less for my first fully-dedicated full. In the end, though, things worked out.

I suppose I just didn't want to let all of you down. Thankfully, today I have the privilege of letting you all know that the half is still on, so my promise to you has been kept.

Dare I say, not since Gordon's famous "The Return" blog post two-plus weeks back have the expectations of the MaT community been so solidly met. If you'll recall, at that time, Gordon let us all know that he was hopping back on the proverbial blog saddle, making an ebullient rededication to keeping us informed about his life, running, and pending nuptials. And we all know how that turned out: "The Return" marked the beginning of near-hourly posts on topics ranging from foot corns to Save-the-Dates. Gordon has spent each day since then pushing away his pre-pubescent pupils at a fever-pitch, so that he might have more time for blogging.

Today I extended an invitation to Gordon run the half-marathon with me. This invitation goes out to any and all of you, dear readers. Here are the details:

Celebrate Life Half-Marathon
Rock Hill, NY
10 am March 13th

No comments:

Post a Comment