Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week 8 Recap

Sam: This week we find ourselves nearing two months of marathon prep. Thankfully, we've got another 19 weeks to go before the big day, otherwise we'd probably all be toast. This was a decent week for me, highlighted by no days off and a huge crack in the bottom of my right foot. It was also this week that I was overtaken by my dog on the fitness front. He's a big fan of charging hills, leaving me gasping for air as I let him pull me up them. No formal speed work or long run, though I'm planning to do 15 tomorrow with the middle 5 at pace. Such courage may warrant its own blog post once the feat is accomplished. S(8), M(7), T(4), W(8), R(3), F(9), S(6)=45 total.

RO$$: S(7), M(8), T(0), W(0), R(6), F(0), S(9). Unlike Sam, I did not run 7 days this week. In fact, I'd be surprised if that even happens once in the build-up to the race. But I'm pretty pleased with 30 in four days. This was was like many training weeks at Cornell, where I ran slowly in a bunch of snow and wondered whether or not I was actually getting in better shape. Eventually I'm going to start incorporating log runs. I'm already cranking out the pull-ups. Pyramid of four!

Gordon: S(5), M(5), T(5), W(5), R(0), F(5), S(7). A measly 32 - I ran 7 yesterday (Sunday), and I'm planning on running 7 or 8 each day this week. This week I got home too hungry to turn around and run, but too late to have a proper amount of time in between dinner and my run. Each run was a series of terrible sidestitches, and near misses on shitting my pants. Fortunately, there's a blizzard on the way to NYC, and I'll be able to increase my running by skipping work.

3 comments: