Sunday, January 2, 2011

Week 7 Recap

RO$$: S(9), M(0), T(5), W(5), R(0), F(9), S(6). 34 miles total -- the highest week yet for me, largely because I ran five days and not four. Just trying to build the miles sensibly. I've been doing pull-ups almost every day, so I'm starting to get pretty jacked. Guys, don't be surprised if you don't recognize me whenever you get to Pittsburgh on race week.

Sam: S(7), M(6), T(6), W(11), R(10, 6.5@6:05 pace), F(6), S(0). 46 miles. Pace work felt pretty good. Need to buy a new pair of trainers. Suggestions?

Gordon: S(5) M(6) T(4) W(5) R(0) F(5) S(5) 30 miles total - That's great about the pace work. I've been meaning to get started, but the pain in my knee keeps cropping up. I keep wondering if I should just tough out a tempo run or if I should take a week off to let it get better. Thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. Actually I've got a new pair in the attic. Thanks for reminding me. I'll probably get something sturdy as well and do the two-shoe rotation.

    As for taking a week off, now would be the time to do it. It seems like it's been at least a month and half since the knee's been bothering you, no? Tendonitis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know - I kind of think that it's just a strained IT band that I haven't allowed to fully heal. It doesn't hurt everyday, just when I try and run faster or if I run for a longer distance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to help with shoes for the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JC,

    Send shoes (size 13) to:

    Marathon a Trois
    Department of Online Twaddle
    505 Fellows Ave.
    Syracuse, NY 13210

    You're the bomb (and should consider joining in on the fun this May).

    ReplyDelete